The firm has grown through mainly organic, ongoing and sustained positive growth based from their office in Brisbane CBD. The firm services a very wide-ranging client base across varying sectors throughout Australia.
These clients range in size from Multinational corporations with operations in Australia to ASX top 100 companies with multi-million pound turnover. As a result of ongoing growth and succession planning for the future development of the firm, the partners are looking to expand the team with this qualified senior audit candidate.
The successful individual will carve an influential role, playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every partner has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business reflected by high staff retention and an environment where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
- Provide an on-site co-ordination role for audit clients including planning, day to day control of the audit team, liaising with clients and completing audit assignments.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients - manage client relationships and be an ambassador for the firm.
- Being the point of reference for the audit team in terms of technical queries.
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high quality client service.
- Supervising a small team - lead, manage, develop and coach an effective audit team.
- Work closely with the Partner in the planning and conduct of audit assignments discussing findings.
- Keep the partner or senior manager informed of any issues that arise with the client.
- Some assignments may require travel interstate.
- Ability to project manage to meet deadlines and budget constraints.
- Identify opportunities; think strategically by understanding the client's needs, their business and key risks.
- Technically capably in audit and financial reporting.
- CA / CPA Qualified or close to qualify.
- Some IFRS experience desirable.
- Knowledge of group accounts desirable.
- Broad range audit experience including planning, controlling and completing diverse range of assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels.
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions.
- Strong team working skills.
- Experience of supervising and developing staff.
- Demonstrate ability to take responsibility and use initiative.
- Manage client relationships and be an ambassador for the firm.
- Clearly explain audit testing and technical points to the audit team.